Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Two wheel paradise

Prior to taking on Squiggle duty I'd swapped my car for a bike and was either walking or riding to everyplace I needed to be. Alas Squiggle's home is 35 minutes away by private car, or 3 hours by public transit. I am not willing to sacrifice 5 hours of my time to endure the company of mouth breathing vectors of drug resistant TB, the clinically -and possibly criminally- insane, and other horrors of public transit. So, I've been driving and not biking and it sucks.

This past Sunday was gorgeous and blue and the first chance in a week to get back on my bike. Of course my lady parts had forgotten all about the terrible squishing that must be conditioned, and I forgot to wear a backpack, so I sounded like a tinker or a goatherd as my lock and other items clanked unmusically from my handlebars. Must Install Bike Rack.

It was still wonderful to be out in the fresh air as I pedaled around on my errands. I'm looking forward to more biking after S gets a real nanny.

No comments: