Tuesday, August 17, 2004

the night before Christmas

and all through the house 3 creatures were stirring, me, the kitty and the mouse*.
The alarm was set early to jangle the dawn,
The clothes were pressed, neat cotton lawn.

A new schoolbook satchel to carry the books
A new black purse item to compliment the look.

The rhyme was quite silly for what was the matter.

I can't sleep darn it!

*mouse = touchpad, it's a laptop after all.

Orientation starts tomorrow. I was a bit dismayed to discover that the case in the pre-orientation reading took me 2 hours and then some to read. I was a bit dismayed that the Justice whose name rhymes with Wren-twist was so cavalier with the meaning of the court's opinion in that case. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought the majority opinion and the dissent were for two separate outcomes. *sigh*

Why can't I sleep, why? why?


No comments: