Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The mother of all anxiety attacks

I have a big 3-day test next week. I'm more than just nervous about it, I'm terrified.

That terror manifested today. Just after a reasonably healthy late breakfast - early lunch my chest clenched up with extremely tight pressure all across my floating ribs. I panted with pain, gasping for breath as I sank to the floor and struggled out of my t-shirt, my bra, and loosened my pants. After about a minute, I stumbled upstairs and lay down on my bed. The pain started to subside and I was able to breathe again. I took a long nap.

6 hours later, I feel fine, although I'll be eating lightly for a little bit. The food was nothing I haven't eaten before, perhaps I wolfed it down too quickly. But I think the performance anxiety is getting to me. I have a few anti-anxiety drugs left over from law school. I think I'll be using them for the next few days.

3 comments:

Cilicious said...

Yikes, the anxiety attack sounds scarier than the exam.
::sending calm, masterful vibes::

Thomas C. Kern said...

Quasi
I use Internal Energy Plus to help me calm my performance anxiety which I have struggled with for 30 years.
In Kindness
PS
JOIN OUR GROUP IF YOU WANT MORE TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG OR WEBSITE RIGHT NOW!

Go to http://InternalEnergyPlusForum.blogspot.com, and select one of our
WIDGETS to place on your website or blog. They are free, and they attract
attention.

THESE WIDGETS WILL INCREASE YOUR AWARENESS AND UNDERSTANDING OF INTERNAL
ENERGY PLUS... AND, WHAT'S MORE, THEY WILL DRIVE INCREASED TRAFFIC TO
YOUR SITE; ENRICH YOUR SITE CONTENT; MAKE EACH SITE VISIT LAST LONGER;
AND, THEY WILL INCREASE YOUR SEARCH ENGINE VISIBILITY AND RANKINGS. PUT
THIS WIDGET ON YOUR BLOG OR WEBSITE FOR AN INSTANT INFUSION OF EXCITEMENT,
ENERGY AND INCREASED PROFITS!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/INTERNAL_ENERGY_PLUS/

anxiety remedy said...

Stress and some unpleasent experiences may lead to anxiety. Some natural anxiety remedies to look into are St.John's Wort, SAMe, L-Theanine, and Tryptophan. There's also cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and programs like Panic Away and The Linden Method, to name a few. Hope this helps!