Thursday, March 01, 2007

Blizzards, Tornados, Earthquakes, OH MY

I know many of you are still wrapped in the icy embrace of winter. Perhaps you haven't seen your lawn in months. Spring is spronging here. The hills are green, trees are in full flower. They remind me of skinny girls in prom dresses, prim, straight ankles jutting out below absolute poofy concoctions in white or bright pink. The itty bitty pompoms on the acacia trees are yellow fireworks of the microcosm, exploding simultaneously in extremely slow motion. Giant slicks of cream and butter daffodils spill down hillsides.

Meanwhile, the weather, oh but the weather! Blizzards in the north, highways shut down.

One of my email buddies reported that the HS destroyed by one of the recent 'Bama twisters was HER old highschool.

Stay safe my far off friends.

Meanwhile... I just felt about a 3 second earthquake. It was a pretty decent shaker. I heard it before I felt it. Normally I sleep through them, but I'm reasonably sure this one might have woken me up.

UPDATE: Double whammy. 4.2 followed by 2.8.

This is a reminder to me that my disaster kit is really in need of being updated. Perhaps it's your reminder too.

1 comment:

MLE said...

Your description of spring is making me homesick. :(

Wah, I want Bay Area spring! It was snowing again this morning when I walked to work. No spring here for some time yet. Sigh.