Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's a question of fact

Today is Tuesday, but they call it an administrative Thursday. That means we know it's Tuesday, but we're engaged in a stealthy game of Let's Pretend and we're all acting like it's Thursday. Apparently, we'll have two Fridays this week, but no Wednesday. Oh, the law.

Since tonight is technically Thursday, that means I'm sitting in Administrative Law. This evening we're talking about Judicial review of questions of fact before Administrative Agencies. That means we're talking about the latitude courts will use in reviewing decisions made by OSHA or the FAA or other such federal agencies, when the decision revolves around fact based scenarios. Fascinating, eh? Perhaps not so much.

That said, it is the last class I will take in 2006. It feels weird. From here on out I have one mid length paper, 2 short & stupid papers, and 3 exams.

Wheee! I'm not sure if I'm terrified or not.

4 comments:

EEK! said...

Luckity luck on your year-end projects!

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

I never actually took an Admin law class-it was peripherally taught in my environmental program over and over again-you can't understand environmental without a basic understanding of admin.

The 2 classes I wish I had taken are real estate and real estate financing. Lords that was difficult to master apropos of absolutely no experience (for the bar).

Speaking of which...since I am actually free of the writing tentacles of an incipient bar exam for the first time since I graduated...I have some PMBR books you can have for free if you want.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

WRITHING.

-qir said...

I actually liked Administrative Law, though perhaps not the teaching style of the Professor who teaches it. Perhaps by no small coincidence, she also teaches Enviro Law here as well.

I do wish it was less open ended.