Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tough learning at night

It was luck of the draw. My two hardest classes, Federal Tax and Administrative Law are both at night. This shouldn't be a problem. I am a night person after all. Bed time arrives after midnight has come and gone. Lately though, I am tired at night and there begins the problem.

Substantively speaking, these classes have the densest reading. Additionally, the volume of information to be conveyed is not petite for either class. Two classes of difficult to read material, of which there is a lot. If that were the only trouble I would be less concerned. Alas, of the 3 professors teaching, only one of them enunciates particularly well. I think Professor Administrative may even have braces. It's wreaking serious havoc with my lipreading.

Finally pacing is killing me. I understand that it's important to go slow at the beginning. I dunno, maybe I have ADHD. All I know is that 3 hours dedicated to a discussion of what constitutes Gross Income was giving me severe Ants in my Pants. I hope I won't find myself reduced to inflicting myself with small acts of physical pain just to stay awake in these classes.

Alternatively, I suppose I could handwrite the notes.

No comments: